Wow! This is such an incredible adventure in a beautiful Nature Reserve and World Heritage Site with abundant breath-taking scenery to admire. We are totally spoilt to have this on our doorstep and the opportunity to experience nature in this remarkable way. No surprises it won 2nd in Lonely Planet’s Best New Attraction in the World 🙂
It is unique, adrenalin pumping and a little insane but a fantastic experience that went way beyond my expectations. I had no idea I would be met with such beauty and adventure combined. There are 11 slides of sheer delight that will take you zig-zagging through the gorge, a little scary at first but once the first one is done and dusted you realise how much fun it is and you can relax and enjoy the experience and breath-taking scenery.
The staff are friendly, professional and completely add to the experience. I felt completely safe the whole time and the amazing guides help you every step of the way with a focus on fun but above all safety. There is nothing complicated to this experience, all instructions are very simple to follow.
My husband and I spent an extraordinary day together having the most unbelievable adventure. You will definitely leave feeling elated and alive. A little time out for an adventure certainly rejuvenates the mind and spirit and is great opportunity for us city slickers to get out into nature. It can be so easy to miss out what is right on our doorstep, only an hours drive from Cape Town. This is a great stress relief and a great time to connect with one another, there is something about fresh air and a change of environment.
The tour will take all day, so plan accordingly. The drive, depending which part of Cape Town you are coming from, will take approximately 60 – 75 minutes.
There are so many reasons to do this but if you need an excuse this would make a very special and unique birthday or anniversary gift, an excellent date outing or take visitors on an adventure of a lifetime.
This is something you need to experience, Don’t miss out!
- Arrive 15 – 20 minutes before your allocated time slot
- There are 11 slides, 13 platforms and a swing bridge. The longest slide is 320m
- The tour takes approximately 4 hours
- There is a very bumpy 30 minute 4×4 drive to the start and at the end again, all part of the adventure
- On arrival you will receive a safety briefing, then you will be fitted with your gear
- Be prepared with warm clothing, jacket and beanie – it can get very cold
- If it is cold I recommend to bring your own sporting or outdoors jacket as it will fit comfortably, but not necessary as wet weather gear is provided if required. I had a beanie which I used in Autumn
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or trainers
- You need to be of a reasonable fitness level and not over 120kg – there is a 300m hike to the first platform and 1km hike at the end, nothing too strenuous but your gear is fairly heavy
- A light lunch is included at the end of the 4-hour tour (so plan accordingly depending on the time you book your tour you might want to take a snack with to eat before the tour starts)
- The tour is not weather dependant and will take place even in rain or snow – apparently winter is a great time to zipline in the reserve as the waterfalls are flowing at full stream and there is snow on the platforms
- YOU CANNOT ZIPLINE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT
- Kids from the age of 5 can participate (if mom can handle it)
- Kids can slide tandem (discuss this when booking)
- Bring cash with to buy a coffee afterwards and to tip the guide (optional)
- Apparently C-A-N-O-P-Y stands for ‘cannot pee’ as you will not be able to go to the toilet while on the tour so best advised not to drink too much liquid a few hours before the tour starts
- Return on your Birthday to ‘fly’ for free
- After you have completed your first Tour be sure to complete the feedback form and tick the box for the birthday special
- A Certificate of Achievement will be emailed to you on completion of your first Tour
- You will need this Certificate and your ID to claim your free birthday Tour, to be used on the day of your birthday, or 3 days either side
- Bookings essential
A BIG thank you to Cape Canopy Tour for the experience. All opinions are my own.
*Prices correct at time of publishing